Dosing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Personally I don't recommend dosing anything. In my situation my salt water mix has everything I need for replenishing trace elements in it. I have heard other say there's is low on calcium so you might need to dose that but here is the key. Never dose anything you don't test for. Some trace elements can be deadly if overdosed.

Personally I don't recommend dosing anything. In my situation my salt water mix has everything I need for replenishing trace elements in it. I have heard other say there's is low on calcium so you might need to dose that but here is the key. Never dose anything you don't test for. Some trace elements can be deadly if overdosed.

+1
Unless your corals are zapping alkalinity and calcium rapidly out of the water there is no need to dose. Usually tanks with a good amount of medium-large sps are the only ones that will do this.

I don't dose anything any more , just weekly water changes , I totally strayed away from dosing and found corals to be looking better since I stopped dosing
the water changes alone provide all that's needed
I use the Kent marine Reef salt

Never dose without testing. Some hard coral species can zap calcium and alkalinity beyond what your salt mix provides in a densely populated reef tank.

Back
Top Bottom