Dragon Wrasse question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sicklidkid

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi, i was at the LFS today and i saw what the guy said was a dragon wrasse. I was wondering if it would work in my tank. Everything in my tank is on my signature.
THANKS

I wouldn't recommend this species of wrasse for that size tank nor a tank with corals. They get quite large (and mean) as they get older and can be a large concern with tank mates. They also have a tendancey to flip anything in the tank small enough to get at pods. I have seen them actually lie on their side at the base of rock and undulate their bodies (wave) which sprays sand in a jet behind them to get at what's underneath. This can cause problems in a coral tank and sometimes undermine the stability of the rock. I would only recommend this fish for a large FOWLR system.

Cool fish though :wink:

Cheers
Steve

i had a dragon wrasse, its peaceful as long as its smaller or the same size as your others, i had a big coral skeleton and it scrapped the scales off of its side, i guess it got infected because he passed away about 5 days later :(

I wouldn't recommend it.They get very large and they will attempt a Free Willy(escape).Also aggressive toward other fish.

Back
Top Bottom