Dreaming of a smasher

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kdogg85

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Guys, time to tread new waters.

I am thinking about going to the store and adopting a peacock mantis. From what I have read, a 40 breeder or 55g should do the trick. Will just be the mantis by itself, so no possible fights or anything. I really want a dog in a tank, truth be told. My fish are cool and interact with me, but having shrimpzilla as a pet would be awesome.

filtration will be a rubbermaid sump with turf scrubber(I have seen these guys eat and it is not pretty.)

Lighting is where I am stuck, I have read about somewhat dim lighting is preferable due to shellrot and not wanting to come out at all. What would be a prefered light setup?

unless you're trying to grow a reef-which will make him hide a bit more any light should work really... even if its one of those cheap fw t12 fixtures. you may want to run some better bulbs in it to showits true color such as 10,00k or higher but its not light dependent and prefers the night which is why dim lighting is recommended.

nope, no reef, already have one of those. So a low wattage 10000k or better light should do? That would be slick if I could get a cheapo fixture with one bulb and be done.

Back
Top Bottom