dwarf fuzzy won't eat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bxcarracer82

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hey I purchased a dwarf fuzzy lionfish that's about 5 inches long from a LFS in my area. It's in a 30gallon tank with 40lbs of live rock(the tank is of cycled of course) It wouldn't eat frozen, so I tried feeding it some freshwater feeders. One got literally an inch away from it's mouth, and it started to corner it yet didn't even attempt to bite it. I saw it eat 3 of them at the LFS 2 days ago, anyone have any advice?

!st things first, I wouldn't feed them FW feeders, try to stay with it's natural food source, plus the FW feeders tend to be more fatty and bad for their liver.
He may be full.

I would give him a couple days lion fish should only eat a few times a week, overfeeding can actually kill them. What kinda frozen are you using. I feed mine silver sides.

Fuzzy's take awhile to adjust in a new tank.

They can take as long as 3-5 days to be comfortable enough to eat sometimes.

To stimulate appetite try live ghost shrimp. All lionfish LOVE shrimp.

It may take a few days before it feeds while its climitising to the new tank even up to a week but won't harm it,I feed mine frozen brine shrimp which it ate the first day

Back
Top Bottom