Dwarf Lion Feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ekean45

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've had a fuzzy dwarf lion now for about 2 months. I was under the impression that when first introduced to a tank, it is best to coax them to eat with live food. So I did. And so did he.

However, I have been unable to ween him off the live food such as minnows and ghost shrimp. I've tried various types of food such as freeze dried krill, pellets, dried blood worms, frozen cyclops, frozen mysis shrimp but he will not eat. I've gone about a week without giving him live food and he still will not eat anything else.

Anyone know of a good technique to get him off the live food?

Thanks!

I used hikari krill to get my lion to switch to frozen. Buy the kind that is the whole krill not the cubed version. You can use that with a feeding stick if just dropping it in there doesn't work.

Thanks - I've tried the freeze dried krill with a feeding stick but he was not interested in that. I'll try the hikari.

I agree frozen krill works much better. Our lion was extremely difficult to switch! She didn't eat for 16 days and finally ate the frozen krill. They can go 4 weeks without eating. Also ours likes Rods food for predators. Good luck!

4 weeks without feeding is good to know. I was getting worried when it would not eat after a week.

Back
Top Bottom