Dwarf lionfish feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Khmer86

Aquarium Advice Regular
I recently purchased a dwarf lionfish from my lfs. I was curious and wandering how much ghost shrimp to feed my lionfish? He's fairly small at the moment maybe 2.5-3 inch perhaps. He's not taking any frozen fish right now so in the mean time I am feeding him ghost shrimp. He's active and swimming around when it comes to feeding. Tonight I fed him three fairly small ghost shrimp and scared I may overfeed so I stopped but he kept swimming looking for more ghost shrimp lol. Also I did my research and gut fed the shrimp before feeding it to my lionfish, any advice or tips are greatly appreciated

image-3571256783.jpg

image-4221504829.jpg

I love my lionfish I have been waiting weeks after weeks for my lfs to have one. It's fairly still small so I hope training it to take frozen food will not be difficult

I had one and it took a week before he ate.i bought silversides (frozen)and put it on a stick everyday and one day he ate it whole with the quickest ive seen.they are fast

He could eat a couple of small silversides a day. You can't over feed one, so give him what he will eat, just remember the impact this poop machine will have on your filtration.

Thanks for the tips I may give him a little bit more ghost shrimp until he is fully comfortable in the tank then try to convert him to frozen, I read on one website where they use simple fishing line through silverside and bob it up and down to imitate fish swimming

Depending on size, I wouldn't get carried away. I kept the red variety and fed them every other day a large whole silverside. Head first as that's how they do it in the wild. Fewer scales get stuck in the throat.

Depending on size, I wouldn't get carried away. I kept the red variety and fed them every other day a large whole silverside. Head first as that's how they do it in the wild. Fewer scales get stuck in the throat.

Thanks for the tips I'm going to try to feed him silverside see how it goes hopefully he takes it on first try

I would do couple frozen couple live but stick feed him.. Ull see a lil not build up in his stomach.. Hell always go after live food which makes it seem like he is still hungry down side to live food is more aggressiveness hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom