Hello everybody! I have some questions about dwarf seahorse tanks. If you have had any experience with seahorses and raising their fry, please read below!
1. What are good spots for hitching? I've seen live plants and seaweed are great, but I'm not sure.
2. Will I need live rock if I have a sponge filter?
3. What invertebrates work well as a clean up crew, but won't harm the fry?
4. I've seen baby brine shrimp as their food, but I want to give them a mix of live foods! What other live foods can I feed them?
5. Finally, I have a conversion question. Right now I have a freshwater breeding tank (10 gal
), where I plan on putting the seahorses. Right now there is some corydora catfish, which will be moved to my under stocked 20 gallon freshwater. So what equipment will I be able to reuse? I'm changing the HOB
filter to a sponge filter. And the substrate is sand. Can I just empty it, and fill it up with water and salt, and then cycle it? Or do I need to get all new substrate? (Instant Ocean is the brand I plan on using)