easy fowlr tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh...so I'm having second thoughts about gathering seawater for the tank. How risky is it? And how do I know if its a safer area to collect it?

Me personally, I wouldnt add sea water even though I live in flordia and its readily available. You just dont know whats in it.

As far as rock curing, I would say a few days separate from the tank and livestock should be enough to make sure it doesnt spike. You can use a rubbermaid container with a powerhead and heater in it.

I'm also usually overly cautious though so some people may have tried other methods sucessfully too. each tank and each situation is different.

I think I'm just gonna do freshwater.
I might start a SW nano sometime soon though. Lots to learn still

I would never use water from the ocean.,you never know what's parasites are in there. Also a 10 gallon tank is pretty small you're not going to keep many fish in it. The parameters are going to be hard to keep stable.

My first saltwater tank was a 10 gal and it is more difficult then my 55 gal but not by a lot, i kept it for about half a year until i wanted more space.

Back
Top Bottom