Eating Xenia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phases99

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Something has been eating the petals off my pumping Xenia. It started slowly about a month ago but the munching has picked up in the last week. Nothing else has been touched. It is definitely happening at night when I am not watching. They were once the highlight of my tank, but no more. Has anyone else had this happen and how did you catch the culprit? Thanks

I don't see any suspects in your sig so we gotta be looking for a hitchhiker. Wait till about an hour after lights out then quietly go in with a flashlight and see what you see. If your light has a brightness adjustment keep it low.

Black crab ate all my xenia. I didnt even know it was in there. Tha crab is now gone and my xenia are spreading!! :wink:

The Maroon clown is doing it. That's my bet anyway. I'm pretty sure that's what's eating mine!

I had this same problem, late last night I found a white/clear crab sitting inside my xenia eating it away, I took him out last night.

It was weird how he was just sitting inside hiding and when the lights went out he came out!

I have pics posted in a weird crab thread if this could be what you have.

I started to notice the same things with pedals missing and all that.

I've been doing some night time peeking but no culprit yet. My Maroon Clown is not on the current list of suspects since he only leaves his hosted powerhead at feeding time. I have seen a few Asterina Seastars in the tank which I moved to the refugium when I heard they could be Coral munchers. They are my #1 suspect so far.

Back
Top Bottom