Eel tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phamboo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
would it be possible to have a tank with just eels? i was wondering about one of each: a snowflake, green moray, lepeord, gold, and maybe a dragon eel. how would you guys set this up and what size tank would you think would be good?.....i was thinking a 150g minimum with some LR and some PVC pipes. Just an idea i got in my head at 4am :crazyeyes:

Hara is probably the person you need to talk to about that. She is going to set up an eel tank very soon...120gal cube if I remember correctly. I'll PM her to check out this post.

We bought the tank last weekend, but went with the longer tank as eels dont need alot of tall space and the tank was roughtly 150 less. Even though many people keep them, I personally believe green morays are too nasty and get too large to keep in captivity. I currently have a full grown snowflake, 2 yellow head morays and will be adding a tesselata. Those will be the tank inhabitants. I have seen several successful eel species tanks and feel it can be done successfully as long as care is given during feeding time. I wont be using pvc as I want to be able to view the eels at all times. They will have their "hiding places" to be comfortable, but not so large as the eel can disappear...

First i view this thread and i can tell you that in no way will you ever manage a Green in so small a tank :cry: If you are still on the idea of a 150 with eels, we can help you go through a list i can make up for you. All you need to do is let me know :)
A Happy New Years to All :D
Buddy ><{{{{">

Back
Top Bottom