EMERGENCY - Extreme water temps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Indeed!!! Hows about your losses? How you going? Whats the damage?

Coral Beauty - $70
2 Firefish - $40
Coral Banded Shrimp - $40 ($200 if you included the babies that were lost)

Total - $150

Not close to your losses

Might start saving for a chiller, the drop-in-chiller sounds good, don't have much space to play with as it's a hooded tank and doesn't have a sump.

My protein skimmer pump is not working propperly either - the power keeps cutting to the entire house when I switch it on - it works for 2 seconds and then the power trips... so I guess you could add another $70 to that :(

BUT on a lighter side, I am seeing new specs of coraline algae popping up around the tank!!

Try and run your skimmer on a different outlet. You may be drawing to much current off of one plug and this is why your breaker is tripping.

Try and run your skimmer on a different outlet. You may be drawing to much current off of one plug and this is why your breaker is tripping.

Great idea Thincat!!Will try that when I get home today. I'll see if I can an extension cord that goes to another circuit.

My LSF said something may have got "wet". But the whole pump is submersible... :rolleyes: AND the power board is a good meter or so away from the tank with a drip loop.

Back
Top Bottom