Emergency!!!! I left my fish in the dark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquaboi

Aquarium Advice Activist
I turned off my light for my tank and when i got home and turned it on, most of fish are on the sand and some are swimming downwards and they wont eat! Whats going on?

Aquaboi said:
I turned off my light for my tank and when i got home and turned it on, most of fish are on the sand and some are swimming downwards and they wont eat! Whats going on?

Test your water parameters. Also- see if any equipment malfunctioned

Yeah 3 of them are back to swiming around but one is still swimming down

One of my yellowtail dameselfish turned black and died this morning :(

What do you mean by params??? Also i noticed it had 2 white looking gashes on her, ima upload the pic and tell me what u guys think.

nitrates ammonia nitrites are the main ones. is your tank cycled? im guessing you dont know because youre not sure of your params.

I know If you just wake up your fish they can be really groggy and not eat, just happened when I tried to wake up my betta to feed him after lights out. I remember reading somewhere that the fish isn't fully active until about 30 minutes after the lights turned on so there's probably nothing to worry about.

That pic of the damsel looks like he has fin rot or is getting attacked by something.

Yeah hes dead now, but yeah idk maybe she got gashed by a rock or my crabs got at her.

Back
Top Bottom