Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-23-2012, 11:18 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Pleas forgive me if I put this in the wrong place but I'm new to the forum and I need help. I was looking for a place where I could upload picks of my fish for help diagnosing and advice for treating it. He's got two cloudy eyes and isn't eating because he can't see food. I bought him a little over a week ago. He was eating pellets like a horse. He was even starting to swim to me for food. I think my issue started when my wife bought a red corris wrasse. He hid under the sand often, wasn't eating, then died. I didn't catch it right a way until I did a water change for nitrate... My amonia and nitrite were 0 so the nitrate battle was on. Nitrate went down a little then back up. I got suspicious and tested amonia. It had spiked to somewhat over 2.5. I knew why and dug the wrasse out but then notice my emperor's eyes looked covers with mucus. I went to an LFS and they recommended something called Artemiss. I've been using it for 2 days, it may be helping, but I fear he will starve to death before his eyes clear. I've tried holding shrimp in his face but he wont eat. I'm going to try attaching day 1 pics. I only have a display tank with him, yellow tail damsel, calico crab, and an emerald crab. Forgot to mention that I had added maybe a pound and a half of nitrate sponge. Could that cause it? I did a 20 % water change that night but amonia only dropped to a solid 2.5.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120423_231826.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	90745
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120423_231624.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	90743   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120423_231656.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	90744  

josspa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:14 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Yeah,thats bad pop eye..
Its a sign of poor water conditions ..Angels need pristine water conditions..
The spike is clearly not good ,but with fast action it should get better
Currently rebuilding
QTing is a good thing
Grow your filtration
FTMMWS is offline   Reply With Quote

angel, blind, cloud, cloudy, cloudy eye, eyes

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com