Empty tank in need of fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bousin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 55gal FOWLR setup that has been cycling for a while. I would like to fit as many smaller sized salt water fish in it as possible. Any suggestions? Only criteria is they are not aggressive. Im looking for a nice peaceful community. Thank you all in advance for any pointers.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

firefish!!! :)... maybe a couple of clowns... possibly a dwarf angel (but be aware that if your going sps or lps... expect them to nip at the time to time) a fairy wrasse... a sand sifting goby (providing you train it to eat frozen food)

When your tank has matured you could look into a mandorin.

All fairly small fish and colorful

Cool thank you I'll look them up

you can try tail spot blenny, neon blue goby, def a sand sifting goby or two, some pistol shrimps with watchman goby/randall goby, two clowns, royal gramma, firefish, pearly jawfish, McCosker wrasse, yellow coris wrasse, etc

Thanks dragon. How many do you think I can safely house in my 55 gal?

Thanks dragon. How many do you think I can safely house in my 55 gal?

two clowns, one sand sifting goby, i would add two pairs of pistol shrimp/goby, one gramma, two neon gobies, both wrasses are OK in the same tank. three firefish, and a tail spot blenny

I know this is maybe slightly larger a fish then your looking for but take a look at a foxface, I love mine and a peaceful tank mate.

You don't think a foxface will be a little large for a 55 gallon? Mine is almost 6 inches and I have seen bigger ones. I have him in a 6' long tank and he is always swimming the length. Just make sure they can stretch their fins out and run a bit.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So today was the day, I've been excited all week and the day finally came. I visited my LFS and requested to have my water tested. To my dismay they said my salinity was (.027) and my refractometer keeps reading (.023). In addition they said I have a slightly elevated ammonia level. Long story short I was told what I didn't want to hear, no fish today. Bummer. Instead they suggested some crabs and snails. So as of this afternoon I am the proud parent of four red banded snails and two small crabs. Its better than nothing. In addition I picked up two more pieces of live rock and fired up the skimmer when I got home. Im hoping to come home with some clowns and gobys in a week when my water finishes cycling.

So today was the day, I've been excited all week and the day finally came. I visited my LFS and requested to have my water tested. To my dismay they said my salinity was (.027) and my refractometer keeps reading (.023). In addition they said I have a slightly elevated ammonia level. Long story short I was told what I didn't want to hear, no fish today. Bummer. Instead they suggested some crabs and snails. So as of this afternoon I am the proud parent of four red banded snails and two small crabs. Its better than nothing. In addition I picked up two more pieces of live rock and fired up the skimmer when I got home. Im hoping to come home with some clowns and gobys in a week when my water finishes cycling.

Lol so inverts can survive a cycle but fish can't? Inverts are usually more sensitive then fish. Is this shop dumb? If the tanks still cycling they shouldn't of sold you anything. How'd they test it?

With a strip and the ammonia was tested with liquid. So far so good. Well see

I hope you have a lid on the tank. I've heard many people report gobies, jawfish, and firefish jumping out. Diamond gobies are nice.

Back
Top Bottom