Engineer goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mikebfc

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Has anyone ever had a problem with engineer goby attacking mandarins? He leathered my male last week and has now moved on to my female so a nice breeding pair of mandarins have become lunch! He's about 8-9 inches long at the minute!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1439323730.503072.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I wouldn't think that it ate them, but if they were too close to the home of the mandarin they wouldn't take to kindly to it...and with them being sandbed dwelling fish it is easily in the cards.

It didn't eat them just ripped the fins and tail apart so the were immobile I managed to get the female mandarin in to quarantine so hopefully she will recover and the goby will be getting rehomed this weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My engineer goby is about 16 inches I have never seen any kind of aggression towards other fish, but I did hear they can get nasty if another fish is compromising his turf ,
If it feels threatened of course he is going to defend his home , mine since day 1 always had good social reaction with all the fish in the tank , keeping him well fed should mellow him out too .
he loves the little clown I have as he brings him food , I also think that if a engineer is brought in after all the other stock they will be a lot less territorial and a lot more social,

Back
Top Bottom