Enough food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MacDuffs

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 80L tank with 2 clownfish, a Mexican turbo snail and a fire shrimp. Ammonia and Nitrite levels are nil but I'm unsure of whether my nitrates are too high as I'm struggling to read my salifert testing kit. Due to panicking that my nitrates may be too high I am now worried about how much I am feeding them. I feed every day and go through around 2 blocks of the frozen gamma blisters a week. The fish and shrimp always seems very grateful of the food and eat it all up within around 1 minute, can anyone tell me if this is too much?

If you think the nitrates are too high- do a PWC. Couldn't hurt anyway. I feed 2-4 times a day, as much as the fish and corals will consume in less than 5 min. You' should see positive growth in all your animals in the tank, and little to no algea growth. You could add a little more to feeding, and if you get algae, then cut back. Fish aren't growing fast enough? Add some more. It'l take a few weeks to find the "right" amount and time slots to feed. But then you'll find what works perfectly for your tank and will be able to feed perfectly.

Sorry forgot to mention, I do a 10%-20% water change every week, fire shrimp is growing massive so must be doing something right, thanks for the reassurance guys :)

Back
Top Bottom