external pump choices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tankless

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am setting up a 210g fowlr with the pumps and filters in the basement. The head height is 20 to 25 ft. Does anyone have experience with this type of setup. I am looking at the Iwaki 70 or 100 for the pump.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also what are your thoughts on the choice of aquarium materials, Glass or Acrylic.

Thanks

Reeflady can help you. She is acutally from NH I belive. I know her sump for her 180 is in the basement. Not sure on what her acutal head height it but it seems like your well aware of the head height and how that will affect your flow rate from the pump.

Have you given much thought to utilizing a closed loop system aswell for added circulation?

An acrylic tank of that size will be alot more expensive than a glass tank and as with all acrylic tanks it can be fairly easy to scratch. But it will weght alot less and be alot easier to have drilled.

That is kind of a high head height! You may want to look at the dolphin pumps! Some of them can push water 53'!!!

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I would like to use 2 pumps, 1 for w/d and 1 for mechanical. Would like each to push about 1100 gph for 10x circulation. According to data sheet the 70 will push 720 gph @ 25 ft and the 100 will push 1380. Is 1380 gph too much circulation or is more better?

I also sent Reeflady a PM. Maybe she can help.

Thanks again
Tankless

Back
Top Bottom