Favorite saltwater fish/invert/why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elude82

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just to get to know more about everyone, I wanted to ask a question, in response I would like the answer with a short explanation.
Most questions are serious so I wanted something fun for everyone.

I started it so I will kick it off!

My favorite saltwater fish is the infamous and crazy Huma Huma aka Picasso Triggerfish!!!! It's not the most vibrant of colors, but what it lacks in color, it definitely makes up for in personality! My little guy is by far the most entertaining of my tanks! Always on the prowl for things to keep him busy! He makes me laugh all the time, and I enjoy his recognition of me when I go near the tank! He is the best!!
And as for inverts, my pair of Skunk Cleaner shrimp! They always eat from my hand, and when I go in their tank for maintenance, they always seem to want to try and clean my hands! Also, they have the most remarkable Red, Yellow and White colors! They molt once a week, so they are some pretty happy and healthy shrimp!

Well short and sweet. My fav is as well the skunk cleaner. As you said mine does the same thing comes out and cleans my hand when it's in the tank. I named him chopsticks. :)

Fav fish:
Either dogface puffer, harlequin tusk or Radiata lion.

Dogface puffer is SO CUTE. It really looks like a dog, sooo personable, and plain amusing. They just look so cute when they look into your eyes as you approach the tank.

Harlequin tusk is from my home country of Australia. Looks full on hectic with the deep blue towards the caudal fin. Has a pretty decent size and it's bright colours really show in good lighting and are extremely vibrant.

Zebra morays... Now were runnin' with the big boys. Sheer size. Great colour. Something different and a real convo starter to visitors who see my aquarium. So lovable and extremely fun to feed.

Inverts:

I don't know if you would count this as an invert, but it is a cephalopod. The blue ring octopus! My friend has a 55gal split into 4 parts, each with a blue ring housed, and a 30gal sump. Such amazing creatures

My favorite fish has got to be the Emperor Angel! Such a beautiful fish and i love the transformation from juvenile colors to adult. It looks like a completely different fish!

Favorite invert id have to say would be the coral banded shrimp. Great colors, funny attitude, and for some reason I love it's long pincher arms

Elude82, do you have a Humu Humu in with your skunk cleaner shrimp? I've always been curious if they'd get along or if the cleaners would just be an expensive snack for the trigger. I'd love to get a Humu trigger in my 125 but I love my cleaners as well

Porc chop is my favorite fish . ( he is my porcupine puffer) . Close second is my emperor angel.

Attachments

• image-770716086.jpg
    image-770716086.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 104
  • image-635652490.jpg
    image-635652490.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 96
Just saw some pictures of a blue rink. So sick! I want one for my 135 gallon tanks. I heard that they are very sting an can escape a tank very easily? Are they hard to care for?

Back
Top Bottom