feather dusters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChrisB

Aquarium Advice Regular
what do i need to feed a feather duster. ive read live brine shrimp but could i feed them frozen.

I feed mine Phytiplankton , i bought it at my lfs for $8.99 , its expensive but it'll last ya for a while , feed the feather duster directly with a pipete or put a few drops ehere there is alot of water movement

thanks,
however when i went up there they ran out (ironically cause they usually complain about overstock) so i decided to wait for the nest shipment

I believe they are filter feeders so a high quality plankton like DT's live plankton should be just fine.

I have phytoplankton, but honestly my dusters seem to filter feed the water column just fine without any additives.

Frankly, I'd suggest something like Cyclop-eeze ...it's bigger than phytoplankton, but my yellow polyps eat it like crazy, and so do my fish. I highly recommend it be included in your fish food pantry.

I even feed it to my FW tanks.

phytoplankton for my featherduster worms. and once a week, micro vert.
my phyto cultures keep crashing :( so im using phytoplex. its a good product but dont use too much if you dislike microalgae.
i like microalgae because the mullosks love it.

Back
Top Bottom