Featherdusters per gallon?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

schulze

Aquarium Advice Regular
After having my tank set up for 2 months now, i just made a new discovery, LOL. For the longest time I only thought i had 2 feather dusters in my 20 gallon. I just now counted 11. But there are also these little white things everywhere (walls and rock) that look like they could be baby feather dusters (giving me like 200+ of 'em). Is this possible and is it okay?

Yes and yes. They are filter feeders and will ebb and flow with food population.

Their abundance dictates you have a mature stable tank. As Scott said they are filter feeders and will help to remove excessive nutrients from your tank.

The little things your seeing are like feeather dusters, but they aren't them persay. I cant remember, but they are a different type that only get a few millimeters across. I have them everywhere in my sw tanks also, they take over everything. I use filter feeder stuff for my gorgonians and polyps so they go nuts and flourish.

Back
Top Bottom