Feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gina

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've been putting a Marine Cusine cube, a mysis shrimp cube, some flakes and garlic oil in some tank water and keeping it in the fridge. I feed once a day and this lasts about 3 days.
My tank consists of a Lemon Peel Angel, a polka dot cardinal and 4 very, small chromis. They all get along well and seem to be doing fine. What I was wondering is does the way I'm feeding them contaminate the tank in any way? Is it okay to feed like this or should it be fresh every day? I do a 25% water change about once every 10 days. The chemistry is fine so far.

I feed every other day, with no problems. I soak my food about 30 mins prior to feeding. This gives the food time to absorb the nutrients and warms up the food.
Are you having an algae problem. That seems like a lot of food. I do frozen, soaked in Zoe, Selcon and garlic, one day. The next feeding I use flakes then back to frozen. This gives them a variety.

This is from liveaquaria.com on the tang:
Offer dried seaweed tied to a rock or use a veggie clip, and feed at least 3 times per week, plus they will eat the other food as well.
Also, they should be housed in a 70G tank minimum.

Roka, no algae. I was just wondering if letting it sit in the fridge for 3 days was okay. It saves me having to chop up the frozen cubes.
Also, I forgot to mention I do offer dried seaweek about 3 times a week. The LemonPeel Angel loves it. The others nibble a bit.
Thanks for your answer.

Back
Top Bottom