Feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wabassoweird

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
One more question how often do you feed your fish? I feed once a day ive heard some people doing it every other day.

Feeding every other day for nine years now. It will keep the excessive nutrients down that cause bad algea. It will be a good practice for you IMO

Every two to three days here. Quality over quantity. Feed high quality foods and remember to use dietary suppliments like Selcon and vita-chem.

I feed 3 times a week in the 10 gallon . 2 of those days they get pellets , the 3rd time they get frozen mysis right before a water change.
For the 7gmb I feed once a week and have done so for 4 years .
By limiting the ammounts of feedings I have found that the fish pick around the tank for foods thus helping keep the tank clean as well .

I feed every other day, switching from frozen to a little flake.

The main thing here is variety. Flake,mysis,vitamin enriched brine,seaweed and frozen. So many types of variety

I have three tangs in mine, a Yellow, Powder Blue and Sulfain tang. Would I count the seaweed algae as a feeding day? I have been feeding them three times a week with the Algae on top of the frozen and pellets. Is this too much? The LFS said to do it with the regular feedings, what do you think?

I dont count the seaweed selects as feeding days. I just put it out for the tangs on the off days. The tangs need to be able to forage on some greens. I also put big balls of calerpa in my tang as they last a few days and the tang can forage as much as he wants.

everything is different down here in aus if i tell you what food i use you won't know what i'm on about but anyway

the food i use is all frozen theres 2 different sorts and comes in cubed form

ones called marine dinner apperently it has all different meaty things in it with added vitamins and minerals and fatty acids

the other is marine green which is similar exept it's not meaty it's all greens mixed together so i was told

I feed every other day as well, and just like everyone else I try to vary the diet as much as I can. We also have the cubed form and last time I checked it's also called marine dinner here too.

I feed every other day and I mix in flakes, brine shrimp, mysis shrimp and soak in garlic.

I used to feed every other day when I had my 20g nano (only one o.clown, shrimps and few softies. But I am now doing feeding everyday to my 132g (16 fishes in there) because I want to keep my fishes healthy. I thought they will get sick easily if not fed enough foods. Along with that I do 10% waterchange every week.

weekf said:
But I am now doing feeding everyday to my 132g (16 fishes in there) because I want to keep my fishes healthy.

This is your choice but IMO your fish that eat everyday are no more healthier than someone elses fish that eat every other day. Also I`ve not had algea in my tank in seven yrs now and I kind of like to think that that`s one of the reasons why. Not bashing anyone I just dont want anyone to think their fish are not healthy because they feed every other day.

Back
Top Bottom