Feeding a Chocolate Chip Starfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mve1004

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I picked up a starfish yesterday and the guy at the fish store told me the starfish would eat things around the tank. However my tank is a few weeks old and I'm not sure there is enough life for it to find and eat. What should I feed it? I've been watching YouTube videos on people giving there stars squid . Should I do this ? And can I even try raw shrimp ? Any suggestions?

Yeah it will eat raw shrimp from the grocery store it pretty cool to watch. Also to note these are not reef safe if you didnt know.

CCSF

I have one also, and i don't really feed it any thing. although its probably not a bad idea. i feed it krill once but only when it was up near the top exposing itself. it does this quite often, maybe i should feed it more! i was told its and algae feeder? also i use to have a torch coral frag, and to my knowledge it never touched it, and i had it for more than 2 months. but i've seen and heard it will eat corals.:dance:

Imo, that is way to early to add a starfish. Id wait a few months, but since its already in there, i guess id drop some pellets in there and hopefully itll get by until the tank is established and it can survive on the environment.

Starfish doing great! He is eating shrimp. I just placed it under him while he was on the glass and he took it.

I recently started feeding my CCSF directagain, and I just gave him a few pellets he started "eating" them with his "stomach" membrane and after about a hour he had two of my Margarita snails in his grasp, just thought it was weird. He eventually let them go, anybody else have this issue?

They arent reef safe they will try to eat snails and corals. Keep him fed well with meaty foods like shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom