feeding a eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clark4feathers

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a snowflake eel and a saddleback clown in the same tank. Seem to do well together. However when it comes to feeding the eel seems to get a little agressive. any ideas on how I can feed them with out my clown being lunch?:fish1:

I feed mine frozen food with my hand. Mine is small, however so even if he does bite me(like he did last night) it won't hurt. Just put the food near him and he'll take chunks out.

Tweezers could work. I have a freshwater plant clamp/trimming trimming tool that could easily be used for spot feeding eels or corals. It was about $8 at Petco

Worked for me. They love store brought shrimp.

100_1859.jpg

Always feed aggressive fish first on their feeding days. Rigid airline tubing makes a perfect, inexpensive feeding stick. On days the eel is not to be fed directly, use a shield using plastic (top portion of soda bottles work) to keep it within the rockwork. I caution those feeding by hand, if you get bitten you chance bacterial infection on top of various viral infections.

I use feeding tongs. Tried to feed the fish some brine shrimp. The eel goes a little crazy. I try to keep him away from the fish. Here only acts that way when I feed the fish

Back
Top Bottom