feeding my chromis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sansouci01

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok...I am feeding my chromis sinking pellet food a couple of times a day. I'm careful not to feed too much but still a lot of the pellets drop to the bottom and the chromis don't seem to eat them off the bottom. What would be a good new tenant to keep the bottom clean ? I already have 5 turbo snails but I'm not sure they are interested in the pellets.

Get a fire shrimp, mine can seem to smell food a mile a away. As soon as food goes in my tank he's off, any foods the fish don't get as it floats down he soon gobbles away.

Serpent starfish or nassarius snails. My nassarius pop out of the sand like zombies to get food lol

If its a new tank dont get shrimp or starfish but as said the nassirus snail is a good member of your cuc and can be added

I placed my shrimp in my tank after adding only 2 previous fish and he doing fine as long as you are feeding the tank he should be able to find bits the fish seem to miss. Also watching him dive across the rocks to get freshly added brine shrimp is an awesome sight, he's almost as quick as the fish at feed time.

Once a day feeding will be fine! It will help cut down on your tank bio-load as well.

Feed them some frozen Mysis shrimp as well from time to time, at least twice a week, not just the pellets. Switch it up with some brine shrimp and some squid.

It's real easy! I got the little dixi cups from wal-mart (Plastic) and I put the frozen cube in the cup along with a pinch of marine pellets. I than just go to my tank dip it in the tank to fill the cup up past the cube and set it aside for an hour. I than swirl the cup around to loosen it all up and dumb in the tank! Don't put the cube in frozen in your tank! They can't eat it that way. LOL

I like this pack right here as it gives all my fish everything they need and it keeps switching it up from time to time so they don't just eat one thing.

Aquarium Fish Food: San Francisco Bay Brand Frozen Saltwater Multi-Pack

Also like one person already said, give your tank a little time before putting in a CUC, you don't want your CUC to die because there is nothing to eat!

Back
Top Bottom