Feeding my Scorpionfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Melk

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Got my new Chief Scorpion last night, and attempted to feed it today. I went to the LFS and bought a dozen ghost shrimp/guppies seeing that it might entice it to eat the most...well i also had a very hungry Lion in the tank, so he basically ate everything before the Scorpionfish had a chance to get any. He would slowly shuffle towards the ghost shrimp, but didnt have a chance to get any. Then i tried feeding him frozen krill on a stick, but he didnt want any of that.

Any suggestions on getting this beast some food?

I would give him a few days to settle in before worrying about it. I'd keep offering food but not worry if he doesn't eat right away.

Is there anything special i should consider in the care of this Scorpion? I cant find much information about him in books or on the net, so im kind of in the darkness about him. The employee said to treat him in the same was basically as an Angler...and that his venom could send you into convulsions

It was marked as an Indian Chief Scorpion fish or something of the like, I feel like im in the black here about this guy.

Is it the Leaf scorpion fish..... do a google on that?
If so they should not be kept with other agressive feeding fish. They don't move that fast right?

I've never heard of that particular Scorpionfish so I'm not positive about feeding requirements. But you can try putting the food in a net, and moving the net slowly towards your Scorpionfish.

A guy at the LFS told me that's how he fed his until he got him to take krill.

img_857014_0_94f07ec846bdf79c48fbae95a51a67c3.jpg

well...u replied to it didnt you? haha i just wanted to post of a pic of that sucker in some section talking about them. hes so awesome looking

Back
Top Bottom