feeding question need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mellowyellow

Aquarium Advice Freak
My tank is 30 gal. Pets include 4 chromis and two small clowns. I've been feeding a thawed 1/2 a cube of shrimp every morning and a pinch of dry flakes in late afternoon. Is that too much? Is that too little? Is that ok? I have been battling hazy water and wondered if the food thing is causing it. I do 15% PWCs every week, but it doesn't seem to help. My tank is cycled and has been for over a month; Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 10/20, PH 8.4. Thanks for your help.

I feed every other day as do alot of others If you are not having ammonia problems then you should be OK.

melosu58. Mike. Somewhere I read chromis are to be fed 4 times a day even I thought that 4 times was too much. It's hard to realize that fish don't eat a lot. IF I went to every other day, then would I feed them a little more than I feed them now. 1/2 cube of mysis shrimp and flake food at night? And, what about the star fish and my goby. Is every other day enough for them? Thanks for your thoughts.

I have chromis and they eat every other day. I think you might be talking about anthias. They need twice a day feeding. The goby will feed every other day. Starfish feed off of microbes in the tank. I sometimes put a algea tab under my starfish sometimes.

i would definitely thaw and rinse any LFS frozen food if i was going to use it.i find it much better for your system to make your own fresh food, and much cheaper too.

i think a HOB filter or better yet a reactor loaded with carbon should take care of your hazy water problem.

Mr. X: I have an HOB with three compartments. Sponge, carbon and pellets on the top. I'm baffled by the water. I'll do another PWC tomorrow or perhaps the next day. If I let the water sit over night, would that help?

I do thaw the frozen shrimp. You find it less expensive to buy shrimp, cook it, and then chop it up?

Back
Top Bottom