Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-01-2011, 07:34 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Feeding questions

Ok so I have a 55L tank. And in it I have a white spotted puffer. Half black angle. And a kole tang (I know I need to upgrade when he gets bigger.) I also have about 20 crabs and snails. And a Morey eel. and 2 cleaner shrimp

Now for the question. I feed the eel every other day 1 silver side. He seems very happy with that even let's the cleaner shrimp climb all over his face and doesn't even try anything with thim. I see the offer picking at the live rock every once and a while. But have been feeding them a block of mysis shrimp a day. Am I over feeding and off so how much should I feed.

For filtration I have a HOB skimmer and a HOB biowheel rated for a 50g. And a wet dry rated for a 125g. Carbon bag in the wet dry.

Very new to this all and trying to get things right.

Sleeperr34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:43 PM   #2
You definitely need more variety. One type of frozen food is not ideal. They need complete and balanced nutrition. Ideally get them on a high quality pellet.

Fishguy2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:01 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
Was panning on changing it up a little and not the same thing everytime. Just still wondering on the amount and how often to feed.
Sleeperr34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:35 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
I would feed them everyday....the angel and tang are going to need greens ,formula 2 ,nori or seaweed ,and the angel will need some type of angel formula .. The puffer needs better quality too...krill,squid,clams,table shrimp,scallops

Get them on a nice rotation of foods
Currently rebuilding
QTing is a good thing
Grow your filtration
FTMMWS is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com