Feeding questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sleeperr34

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so I have a 55L tank. And in it I have a white spotted puffer. Half black angle. And a kole tang (I know I need to upgrade when he gets bigger.) I also have about 20 crabs and snails. And a Morey eel. and 2 cleaner shrimp

Now for the question. I feed the eel every other day 1 silver side. He seems very happy with that even let's the cleaner shrimp climb all over his face and doesn't even try anything with thim. I see the offer picking at the live rock every once and a while. But have been feeding them a block of mysis shrimp a day. Am I over feeding and off so how much should I feed.

For filtration I have a HOB skimmer and a HOB biowheel rated for a 50g. And a wet dry rated for a 125g. Carbon bag in the wet dry.

Very new to this all and trying to get things right.

You definitely need more variety. One type of frozen food is not ideal. They need complete and balanced nutrition. Ideally get them on a high quality pellet.

Was panning on changing it up a little and not the same thing everytime. Just still wondering on the amount and how often to feed.

I would feed them everyday....the angel and tang are going to need greens ,formula 2 ,nori or seaweed ,and the angel will need some type of angel formula .. The puffer needs better quality too...krill,squid,clams,table shrimp,scallops

Get them on a nice rotation of foods

Back
Top Bottom