Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-03-2008, 11:39 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
Feeding Shrimp?

I am going to buy two peppermint shrimp and a cleaner shrimp for my 50g soon. How do you go about feeding them? I've read a few sites that tell me what to feed them, but how do I get it from me to them?

Lecithin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 01:05 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular
just feed them mysis... whatever the fish dont eat that you put in the tank the shrimp will clean up and eat.. youll see them eat it, they get pretty active during feeding.. nothing special to feed them really

amkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 01:25 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist
Send a message via AIM to hemmer Send a message via Yahoo to hemmer
they are scavengers. They will be part of your clean up crew so you wont have to really feed just them. As long as you feed your fish, they will eat. If they are really hungry they will swim/float to the top and grab some food that you put in.
hemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:59 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular
I use sinking pellets. I feed them in the morning the same time each day. Each morning they are there waiting on the same rock at the top to be fed. Took about 3 weeks for them to lean where to wait. At first they didn't eat, now they eat so much you would be amazed! I choose to manually feed them using a small squirt bottle with an extention tube because the fish grab the food before it gets to them and it's fun to watch them attack the food.

Updated. WOW. I just looked at the shrimp. I feed them well. After a molt one shrimp really grew!!! Power feeding makes them grow fast! I probably should reduce their food a bit.
litebrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 08:03 AM   #5
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
I have never target fed my shrimp. As stated earlier they are scavangers. Let them do their job as a janitor and clean your tank.
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote

feeding, rim, shrimp

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com