Feeding time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ashley73

Aquarium Advice Freak
IS it ok to feed my saltwater fish fresh water shrimp? LFS Sais yes but i thought i read you shouldnt?

Attachments

• image-2079948961.jpg
    image-2079948961.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 188
IS it ok to feed my saltwater fish fresh water shrimp? LFS Sais yes but i thought i read you shouldnt?
I do every now and then. Good way to get a fish to eat after introducing into your tank. That's how I got my trigger to eat.

So it doesnt matter if they are freshwater shrimp
Mysis are freshwater or brackish shrimp and 90% of people feed them as frozen food in their marine aquariums. Ghost shrimp are what I assume you are referring to and yes they are safe to feed in to your SW fish. I do it every now and then to give the fish a challenge and excitement.

Mysis are freshwater or brackish shrimp and 90% of people feed them as frozen food in their marine aquariums. Ghost shrimp are what I assume you are referring to and yes they are safe to feed in to your SW fish. I do it every now and then to give the fish a challenge and excitement.

i feed mysis meal and frozen brine shrimp on the weekends as a treat, and ive been thinking about feeding live ghosts but i wasnt sure until now that i could, but i wouldnt want my fish thinking its ok to feast on live inverts lol
:facepalm:

You can but bear in mind they are not very nutritional, I would not use this as the sole food for the tank but you can feed them to salt water. Btw tank looks really good. Been up and running long?

You can but bear in mind they are not very nutritional, I would not use this as the sole food for the tank but you can feed them to salt water. Btw tank looks really good. Been up and running long?

Thanks.. About 2 months now, just added more live rock and getting skimmer in a few weeks ( Octopus module 400).

I slip some krill and brine in there and he doesn't know the difference for some reason when I mix them all together. if feed straight brine he will spit every piece back out and just munch on nori. I always end up with an oddball fish. Make sit more enjoyable and makes me take special care of them.

I slip some krill and brine in there and he doesn't know the difference for some reason when I mix them all together. if feed straight brine he will spit every piece back out and just munch on nori. I always end up with an oddball fish. Make sit more enjoyable and makes me take special care of them.

hey tim have you ever tried hand feeding..? i know your snowflake loves you but any other fish..? :D

hey tim have you ever tried hand feeding..? i know your snowflake loves you but any other fish..? :D

My blue jaw trigger hand feeds but I need to be careful.

Make your own foods. It's much cheaper, fish are healthier and you have control over what goes in the tank. It's simple. You won't go back the first time you see what a frenzy it makes when you feed it.

Clown trigger, my two tangs, snowflake eel, and the blue jaw get hand fed anytime I'm not in a rush. That let's me occupy them and slip some food on the other side for my clowns and foxface since they aren't as food aggressive.

Clown trigger, my two tangs, snowflake eel, and the blue jaw get hand fed anytime I'm not in a rush. That let's me occupy them and slip some food on the other side for my clowns and foxface since they aren't as food aggressive.

i cant wait till i get my fish comfortable enough for me to feed them by hand, its going to be awesome!

It's not all that fun until you get a fish that can do some damage lol. My eel and triggers are the more enjoyable fish to hand feed. Danger always adds fun to the adventure lol. BUT i don't recommend hand feeding anything once you get bit. lol

It's not all that fun until you get a fish that can do some damage lol. My eel and triggers are the more enjoyable fish to hand feed. Danger always adds fun to the adventure lol. BUT i don't recommend hand feeding anything once you get bit. lol

Because they get a taste for human and like it? Lol I get you, I used to hand feef my cichlids peas and zucchini they're such sweethearts I hope my sw fish grow fond enough of me to do so as well.

Because they get a taste for human and like it? Lol I get you, I used to hand feef my cichlids peas and zucchini they're such sweethearts I hope my sw fish grow fond enough of me to do so as well.

I was making a joke and saying once you get bit, I'll deny that I said anything about feeding the fish by hand. Cichlids dont have teeth. Go one round with a trigger, puffer, eel etc etc. and you'll think twice before sticking your fingers in there again. It slowed me down but I still do it.

Well i wont be feeding my Harlequin Tusk anytime soon with my fingers. My eel either.

Yeah my valentini used to see my hand as food every time I put it in the tank from hand feeding him didn't hurt too much to get bit just when I wasn't expecting it lol

Great i just walked in on a threesome

Attachments

• image-290210358.jpg
    image-290210358.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 86
Back
Top Bottom