Fighting Clowns (Maroon)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ericsze

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got my fish into day from liveaquaria.com

the two tank raised maroon clowns that I got are now wrestling with each other. Will they eventually pair off, or will they kill each other?

My lawnmower blennie is also no where to be found....i swear i put him in...but i can't find him. Where did he go?

29G FOWLR + sump.

they may be fighting for dominance. They likely won't kill each other unless they're both desperate to be dominant, then things can get ugly. Eventually, one will take dominance and become a bigger fish, then become female, and if you're lucky they'll breed :D

When you say "wrestling" does it appear to be in a violent way. I have a pair of maroons that have bee together about a month now. One has definitely become bigger(female) and more dominant. They "wrestle", but never in a harmful way. The smaller one never runs or tries to hide, but often follows the other around the tank. 90% or the time they are together.

Just watch for signs of stress or one that cowers or tries to escape from the other. Maroons are known to be very aggressive and if the do not form a pair one will most likely destroy the other.

How big is your tank, and do you have a QT where you can move one if required?

Back
Top Bottom