Filter changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeM8560

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok so ive had my new tank set up for a couple months now and my water is great amonia 0 nitrites and nitrate bolth 0 ive done some water changes and all but what is the rule with changing the filter cartrage in the pump ( its a Aqeon 30 on a 26 gal tank)

img_981343_0_98b653803715e33573d3ad88679436f3.jpg

I've never run HOB media on a marine tank. I would be concerned about NO3, but apparently that is fine for you. I guess I'd treat it as I would media on a FW tank and just rinse in used tank water.

thanks,
on a different question i got a email to your reply that stated

"This thread is located at:
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f45/filter-changes-116066-new-post.html

Here is the message that has just been posted:
Rinse it out in used tank water or newly dechlored water. Don't replace it unless it's falling apart. It will contain the majority of your biological filtration (bacteria).
***************"

but your reply here is different then stated?

I edited it. My immediate thought was FW ( I was using the new posts link and didn't pay enough attention to the forum). You got me, I'm busted. LOL

I would say that is your bio filtration. Unless you have bio balls or a bio wheel... Some will be in the sand. However one question. Why no live rock?

d no live rock I didnt even know what that was untill i found !! later. and I stil havnt found a store that doese have any yet.

ususally they leave it in the back of the store.. just go to your local petstore and ask them if they have any live rock for sale... your close to the beach... shouldnt cost you much of anything...

another note.. we have 2 sponsors on the page that sell rock. if you have the live rock.. you wouldnt really have to worry with the filtration on the back. it would almost imediately culter again lol

Back
Top Bottom