Filtr Info.??????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steinbrook4

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I aquired this filter as a bonus with my Oceanic 30 Gallon tank. I am however at a loss as to what I could possibly use it for with my FOWLR setup as I've never seen anyone use this type of filter before? Any suggestions as to how I may utilize this filter in the future?
I quess it could be modified with other media and used as additional filtration in the 30 gallon or better yet if the 30 where used as sump?
I don't know......I'm just reaching for options at this point????

Attachments

• resize_wizard-1.jpg
    resize_wizard-1.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 195
It looks like some type of wet/dry HOB. If it is, you can remove the media and put some reef rubble in there for additional filtration. I have never seen that type of system before. Interesting.

Mike

looks like a removable overflow filter to me. If you stick that in your tank the water will over flow from the top through the filter and be pushed out the bottom via the pump.

It is an overflow filter

I think your on the right track with the way this works, its completley submirsed and as the water overflows it runs through the media and is pushed out the bottom via the rio pump. Any ideas if this would be ok to run for my FOWLR system or not? Any other ideas on what I might want to use this for other than colecting dust?

Back
Top Bottom