final fish list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eric faatz

Aquarium Advice Freak
well here is my final fish list:

1-foxface rabbit fish
1-sail-fin tang
1- percula clown
1- sleeper goby
2- scooter blennies
1- chawk bass
1- coral beauty
1- pj cardinal
1- purple firefish
1 blue hippo tang
6-blue legged hermit crabs
1-nass snail

Last edited:
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but 11 fish in a 75 is going to be too much of a bioload. The hippo and sail fin tang need a bigger tank.

fish list

i 'm looking to upgrade my tank size soon.125gal tax time $$$$$$$$ lol.I know they will need a bigger home soon but for now there doing great.

I'm in agreement with Mike. Both tangs should go, they need 100+ gallons just for one of them.

For a 75 you should be looking at 6-7 moderately sized fish. Take into account certain fish will effect bio-load more or less, some can be very messy eaters. In 6-7 months from now, if your levels are still perfect, you can consider adding one or two more.

They might look like they are doing great but I have seen it over and over again where people put fish in a too small of a tank and they say their fish are happy and doing good and the next thing you know they have a thread titled "Why are my fish dying". You have to realize that it wont happen overnite. The bioload will overwhelm your tank and the fish over a period of time and then "CRASH". I`m just saying it because I`ve seen it many times.

i will try to fix this problem ASAP.it may take a few months but my hands are tied for now,i'll just have to hope for the best.i know its not the end of the world,if really needed i'll return them to lfs for now.rest assured iwill not give up or let them die,i'll think of something fast.

Well, thats a step in the right direction. Make sure you are testing often, preferably every couple days to make sure you don't get any sort of level spike.

If I'm not mistaken, that bass is gonna eat anything it can fit in his mouth when he gets bigger. Will likely eat the firefish first. I know you've heard enuf already, but you really need to do better with fish choices - on the compatability and amount in the smaller tank areas. I know I got real excitd when I first started keeping SW fish too, so I can "kinda" understand what you're going thru. I just hope it's not too painful a lesson for you.

Good luck!

If I'm not mistaken, that bass is gonna eat anything it can fit in his mouth when he gets bigger. Will likely eat the firefish first. I know you've heard enuf already, but you really need to do better with fish choices - on the compatability and amount in the smaller tank areas. I know I got real excitd when I first started keeping SW fish too, so I can "kinda" understand what you're going thru. I just hope it's not too painful a lesson for you.

Good luck!
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Chalk Bass

Back
Top Bottom