FINALLY:] cycle finished

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

heyz0os

Aquarium Advice Activist
There are no more traces of ammonia or nitrite, i tested 3 times to be sure haha

Yesterday i headed down to my lfs to get a cleanup crew and in a way, after yesterday's trip I found that i can trust my lfs more. I wanted to buy some hermit crabs and my lfs was honest and said they were low on crabs and the guy asked me about my tank. i told him i never produced diatoms or algae (i left my blinds closed and realized i have good but weak lighting) so he didn't sell me a cleanup crew. I asked if i could take a fish home, again he was honest because i wanted a goby (i forgot the name, it was brown though) and he warned me that i needed some live rock growth first. So he pointed me to the clownfish so i bought 2:]

So, i officially have my first 2 fish:]

I don't know if you guys want to see them or not haha but i do have questions.

I did the floating bag acclimation and at first i was worried because i read that new fish may be a bit shy and have a hard time adjusting. Not these guys, they started exploring the entire tank almost immediately.

Do fishes develop their own way of amusement? I don't have names for them yet but the bigger clownfish likes to divebomb down the filter current and swim back up. If he's not doing that, he swims to the bottom of the tank and swims straight up and goes directly over the thermometer and shoot diagonally. then repeat haha

I doubt they are paired yet but more like familiar with each other? They separate from time to time and then when they realize they are separate, either the smaller clowfish swiftly swims to the bigger one or vice a versa but i have noticed that the bigger clownfish bumps the smaller one every other time. this is because they're still both males right?

What size tank do you have? Sounds like you were ready for the clowns..My only problem is that you should have QT'ed them before putting them in your DT. Clowns are really fun to watch because of the way they swim. The larger one will become the female and she will ruff the male up to see if he is fit to be the father of her brood. LOL
Good luck and go slow.

What size tank do you have? Sounds like you were ready for the clowns..My only problem is that you should have QT'ed them before putting them in your DT. Clowns are really fun to watch because of the way they swim. The larger one will become the female and she will ruff the male up to see if he is fit to be the father of her brood. LOL
Good luck and go slow.

Yeahhhhhhhhh i know i should have qt'd them but i didnt have the spare cash to spring for an extra tank. I've tried getting my aunts tank but she's hooked onto her goldfish and it bums me out whenever i come over because the tank is small (about 20 gallons) and has about 5-6 adult goldfish and the tank is FILTHY. all i can really do is clean the tank and purify the water for them once a week.

i have a 37 gallon bowfront. and it is definitely fun haha they keep swimming through the live rocks and the bigger fish divebombs alot.

hhahah are you serious about the female thing? At first i thought he was picking on the smaller clown for being a male

Back
Top Bottom