Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-07-2010, 05:26 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Question Finally cycled....I think?

I've had my tank set up for about a month now, 29 gallon. Before I had live rock i had two damsel deaths. After some advice on the deaths I did a 50% water change and bout 15 pounds of live rock, I know I could still use atleast another ten pounds. I recently yesterday bought some snails, Astrea and Nassa. They seem to be doing good and on the live rock there was a little brown crab.

Is he good or bad?

A very purple piece of live rock maybe half pound started to discolor in a spot, I have one 20 watt 24" Penn-Plax tri-lux fluorescent light, is this light good enough for the live rock?

And do you think it is okay for introduce fish again? I don't have any water parameters except temp is 79 and salinity is 1.024

joshpedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:05 PM   #2
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
To be able to tell if the cycle is over we need ammonia, nitrites and nitrate readings.

melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:14 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie
What should the water parameters be I know ammonia should be 0
joshpedd is offline   Reply With Quote

crab, cycle, cycled, damsel, led, live, live rock, rock

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com