First fish FOWLR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

harryggumb

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm trying to decide what size tank I want to startup. It will more than likely be somewhere between 30-50g. Does anyone have any suggestions for first fish introduced? I know some people say a pair of clowns but am I better off starting off with one at a time?

First off, the bigger the tank is always better. More water can always dilute issues.
When it comes to clowns, if you want two try to do two at the same time. A mated pair is always helpful. Adding one later on can be tricky due to aggression, but a smaller one can sometimes be helpful in accomplishing this as they pair up and the larger becomes the dominant female and other turns male.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

First off, the bigger the tank is always better. More water can always dilute issues.
When it comes to clowns, if you want two try to do two at the same time. A mated pair is always helpful. Adding one later on can be tricky due to aggression, but a smaller one can sometimes be helpful in accomplishing this as they pair up and the larger becomes the dominant female and other turns male.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I wasn't sure if I should add the 2 as my first fish or if I should hold off and wait for my tank to become more established first before hand

Back
Top Bottom