first fish in tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lisamweston

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
2 clowns, 2 black clowns, 2 yellow-tail blue damsels, 1 royal gramma (hiding), 1 foxface rabbitfish (hiding back corner) and 3 cleaner shrimp who wont come off the powerheadImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392436265.947671.jpg

You should be careful with different clown species together.. They've been known to kill each other.

In that size tank, multiple clowns is fine. There is enough room for each pair to establish territory. Nice looking tank! I'm assuming it will eventually be a reef?

In terms of a reef tank, I was thinking that I would keep this FOWLR, and when I have more experience, get a second smaller reef tank w just a few reef friendly fish and a pair of seahorses. The dream of seahorses many years ago was what inspired us to take this big tank when it was offered, but don't think that it would work for seahorses.

Why avoid damsels?

they are little demons very territorial and won't think twice about going after fish 6x there size
also removing them is a nightmare they are fast
yes they are good looking fish with a cheap price but IMO not worth the hassle especially if you plan on adding more expensive fish to have a $4.99 fish kill it

Back
Top Bottom