first gravel vacuum with pwc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scottayy

Aquarium Advice Addict
My water got really cloudy. After about 20 minutes it's a little bit clearer. I hope I didn't kill anything in the process. Is this normal?

Things on my shopping list:

5 gallon bucket
1 gallon pitcher (can't keep using our iced tea pitcher)
a couple towels and rags

Also I'm not buying anything except fish from my LFS. They mark things wayyy up in price. I'd love to support them, but I just can't. For example the exact same powerhead they sell for $35.99 was at walmart for $19.99. I can get things online for about half of their price too.

I will however buy fish from there because I know they take care of them.

Did you use r/o water and did you let the sw for at least a day?

No r/o water. Tap water treated with Prime. I let the saltwater sit for about 36 hours, with a heater and powerhead running.. to let it mix thoroughly.

It could be the metals in the tap water i use to have that problem when i used tap water it would take a couple of days to clear up. as long as your levels are fine you should be ok.

Thank you. I was just worried that the 20 or so minutes after I stirred the gravel up would have harmed them. They seem fine. It was my first time gravel vacuuming.. i'm sure I'll get better lol. Kind of an akward thing to do at first!

Back
Top Bottom