first saltwater aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Probably not. They are diggers and tend to burrow around. The gravel may hurt them or get them a disease. I am so happy you cam here first or you would have had a fish deathcamp

Probably not. They are diggers and tend to burrow around. The gravel may hurt them or get them a disease. I am so happy you cam here first or you would have had a fish deathcamp

So how does this sound? Take the rocks out for a mixture. Remove all the gravel. Put rocks back in. Get sand tomorrow?

That's a bunch of money down the drain that doesn't need to be spent. Enough pods should come off the rock in time

Ok well do you plan to cycle your tank? And turbo snails can go in, I think two would be fine, one even. You can even get a small nassarius or cerith snail to dig into the SAND. I love my nassarius snails <3. Get a few dwarf hermits too , like 3. And a cleaner shrimp or peppermint shrimp.
@bribo12 true. I try planting my tanks (for mandarin purposes) but they wont need it.

Your CuC (Cleanup Crew) can look like this
1-2x Turbo Snail
1-2x Nassarius Snail
3-4x Dwarf Red Tip Hermit Crab
1x Cleaner Shrimp
Optional (in addition to those ^)
1x Emerald Crab

Replacements: Instead of Mexican Turbo Snails you can get (same amount of ):
Margarita Snail
Astraea Turbo Snail
Banded Trochus Snail
Nerite Snail
Turban Snail or
Zebra Turbo Snail
Instead of 1-2 Nassarius, you can get:
1x Super Tongan Nassarius Snail
1-2x Cerith Snail
Instead of 1 Cleaner Shrimp, you can get (same amount of):
Peppermint Shimps
(maybe) Fire Shrimp or
1-2x Sexy Anemone Shrimp

Update: gravel removed. Tomorrow I will go get sand. Ill take the rocks back out, put the sand in and put the rocks back in. I do like the snail ideal.

I now have sand on the bottom. It looks more natural now than with gravel!

Its much better! The sand Will be great. A royal gramma basslet would do ok, just get a baby for sure. Small fishes only please

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom