First Saltwater Tank (150+ In Wall)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are all those 1" drain lines being plumbed into one 1" pipe? That would be 3 (or 6 not sure where u ended up) 1" lines being combined into a single 1" pipe into the sump. Major bottleneck. Your drain side flow will be based on the single 1" pipe

Are all those 1" drain lines being plumbed into one 1" pipe? That would be 3 (or 6 not sure where u ended up) 1" lines being combined into a single 1" pipe into the sump. Major bottleneck. Your drain side flow will be based on the single 1" pipe

Hi Ahab,

The three pipes from the overflow are:
Emergency Standpipe
Full Siphon Standpipe
Open Channel Standpipe

Something like:
BeanAnimal's Bar and Grill - Silent and Fail-Safe Overflow System

Do you think I can get away with just draining from the bottom of the box? If so I would need only 1 or two holes (1 for backup maybe). I think the box is deep enough that the sound might be minimal.

Also, my 135 gallon is a bust. I got an email today from the seller saying "his wife sold it while he was at work". Craigslist ups and downs I guess.

That sucks. Obviously that couple lacks communication. Maybe they could use some marriage counseling. LOL. Keep looking. You may get screwed out of that but run into an even better deal!

That sucks. Obviously that couple lacks communication. Maybe they could use some marriage counseling. LOL. Keep looking. You may get screwed out of that but run into an even better deal!

Yea, a total let down. :bad-words: It's a good thing I emailed him. I guess he was just going to not show up. I have to call my help and let them know they are off the hook. Back to searching...

75 Gallon

I picked up a 75 gallon tank this weekend. It needs some cleaning but for $50 I couldn't pass it up. If I don't find another 6' tank this will be my main tank.

My wife and I are looking at stocking a more peaceful tank with smaller fishes so this 75 might be the right size. I started out wanting an agressive tank, but all the fish she likes would be eaten by my fish :). I see a two tank solution, but that will be a while. I would like to house a snowflake, but I think he would eat some of his tank buddies.

Blue & Yellow Hippo Tang,Ocellaris Clownfish,Pinkbar Goby,Yellowtail Damselfish
Coral Beauty Angelfish,Auriga Butterflyfish,Firefish, Purple
Banded Coral Shrimp,Electric Blue Hermit Crab
Pistol Shrimp,Tongan Nassarius Snail
Turbo Snail,Fighting Conch,Emerald Mithrax Crab

We might have to rethink the tang. 4' seems too small for hiim to run about.

Eel

What are the chances of the above surviving an eel? It's a longshot, but I would really like to fit an eel in there somewhere. I guess a snowflake is my best shot.

Back
Top Bottom