First saltwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sonny bats

Aquarium Advice Regular
This is my first saltwater setup and wanted some input and opinions so far..any advice would be great thanks! Going to be FOWLR, maybe a few moderate light corals, So far I have 16lbs live uncured rock, am getting about 13 more lbs, it's a 29 gallon tank, and 20lbs sand. How is my rockscape so far? As I said I'm new to salt lol

Attachments

• image-106208851.jpg
    image-106208851.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 121
Tank had only been up ad running two days btw. Salinity is about 1.023.

Looks pretty good so far. Adding some more rock will make it look a lot better in my opinion. :)

Do you have a powerhead in there? i don't see one.....

No power head at the moment, but I do plan on gettin one.. Any suggestions on a reliable one? I heard Koralia Evolutions Nanos were great

I would go with a koralia 425. :) I use them in all my tanks and have not had any issues with them.

The 425 would be good on the 29 gal? And would I only need just one or two heads?, since it's going to be mainly rock

I have a koralia 425 on my 29 gallon reef and love it. I also have a Maxijet 400 because it was cheap. I would definitely get 2 so there are no dead spots be hind the rock or anywhere else.

I have never thought the 425's where enough flow in my 29g. Depends what your keeping, i think you would be happier with 2 550's but thats just my opinion. Cubes may be different, mine is a standard

Back
Top Bottom