Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-16-2010, 09:51 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
First SW 40 Gal setup w/ Refugium

Been researching and posting for a month or two and I've started my build. The idea is to connect my 40 gallon tank with the 20 Gallon, as a psuedo refugium. Here's the progress so far:

Erected the stand over the weekend. Nothing flashy, just simple, way too sturdy, and clean. Gives me access to all sides of the tanks and will allow my refugium to be a mini-DT.

Brought it home today from my buddy's house and set the tanks on it to see how it looks... not too bad eh?

Plan for tonight is to get my RODI unit pumping and put 10-15 gallons of water in the 20 gallon and start the skimmer. Sand and some live rock tomorrow for the 20 to start curing.

Hopefully by next week I'll have the 40 gallon overflow hole drilled (near the top of the tank in the back) and the plumbing done! I know it's early... but I'd love any critiques. Keep in mind, I'm space limited (1 bedroom apartment), but I do have a buddy with a large workshop and an abundance of tools so I can do a lot of things.

I bought the diamond tip drill bit yesterday (1') so I can run 3/4in PVC as the overflow and I am obtaining a circulation pump 250 or 400 GPH this week.

rogersjw is offline   Reply With Quote

40 gallon, first sw, refugium, setup

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com