Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-25-2011, 12:13 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via Skype™ to Garystrain
Rick, thanks for the advice.. I will most definitely keep to it, and do my best to avoid such a disaster.

Likewise Hank, it's good to see people stay true to their heritage regardless of where they live! I wish I could have gone bigger myself, but I already had the 50gal tank, and I don't think I could fit anything larger (and heavier) in my place, as I have a second floor flat... Thanks for the encouragement as well, again it's great to see all these people willing to share their wealth of knowledge.. It is much appreciated!

Ps.: I hope everybody has a great time during the festivities, and I'd like to wish everybody a happy new year!

Old 01-27-2012, 09:15 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via Skype™ to Garystrain
Hello again..

So, it's been a while since I posted anything on here, but there hasn't really been any progress regarding the tank, apart from acquiring all the necessities.

Anyways, I have finally reached what I've been waiting for, and now I have 200l of saltwater mixing, it has been sitting in the waterbutt for a day now with a heater turned up to 26C, and a 750gph powerhead it's at 35ppt or 1.025sg at the moment. I'm going to let it mix for another full day, then I'm off to the LFS to get the live rock and start cycling the tank... I must say it's been a while since I've been so excited about something

On the picture front I haven't got much I'm afraid apart from a shot of the tank that was taken with my iFashionacessory, so excuse the quality.. Once I have the tank set up with everything I'm gonna bring a proper camera home and upload some good quality images...

Ps.: I've decided to try and go towards a reef setup from the start so the lights I ended up going with are 6 39w T5 HO bulbs (3 14k reef whites and 3 blue plus' both from iQatics which is a local company) with ind.reflectors, hence having to wait a bit longer to start setting everything up..

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3111103217.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	73506

More updates are coming up soon!

Thanks again for the help with starting out!

Old 01-27-2012, 09:52 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Looks like it will be a nice aquarium when it's done. Look forward to following.

Tags
salt

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com