First water change help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Macdaddydaze

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm doing my first saltwater water change today and am really nervous how do I do it is it the same as freshwater or what?

Sent from my PRO7D using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yup just make sure the salinity of the water change matches the tank. Then just take the water out an put the freshly mixed water in.

OK seems easy enough do I have to match temps or is a few degrees away alright?

OK I'll just put another heater in the bucket and let it sit for a while

Also I put a bunch of dry rock in my tank and the water got cloudy is that bad?

I just did my water Chang to day and I check out great i pulled my old water out of the tank add more water and add salt and mix it and throw it back in and with in 3 hours I was right on with every thing

Its best to leave premixed saltwater over night with a heater and power head so the temp is as close to your tanks as possible that way you can adjust salinity And temp if necessary and you wont have to wait all day for your water to warm up

Could I just always have a bucket full of per mixed saltwater ready like can it last in. Bucket?

Yeah most people keep premixed water stored in bins/trash cans etc,this makes it easier for quick top offs and most importantly time.

Back
Top Bottom