Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cb24

Aquarium Advice Freak
When gettin a new fish is a much better idea to put him in a QT tank or would it be ok to put him in the big tank?

QT is always the best way to go so you don't bring any unwanted disease or parasites being brought into your display tank.

I just got my QT tank today. How long till I can put him in it? Filter is running heater is on and I have put marine conditioner in about an hour ago and also aquarium starter chemicals

Honestly QT tanks don't need to be cycled. Just do lots of water changes. Best thing to do though is leave a filter pad in the running tank to establish it so whenever you need to QT you can just pull out the cycled filter pad and put it on the QT. Just don't put it back in the display until its been cleaned or else your cross contaminating which eliminates 90% of the reason for a QT.

So I should take the filter pad from my display tank and put it in the QT filter? Or do it next time?

If its your DTs only filter pad then no leave it where its at. You wanna use a spare so you aren't taking away from your DTs bacteria colony.

So should the fish be fine putting him in the QT tank now?

And also my filter uses two pads but for now are the only ones I have

Do you have fish in the DT yet? You could take one of the two pads then as long as you aren't stocked very heavy. Also yes, you could add the fish to the QT as long as temp and salinity are good.

Back
Top Bottom