Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-03-2008, 12:24 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to chimmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by peas View Post
i do have a kit
just dont like to use it i really dont care about the fin but
there is a part of the puffers body that is "lighter" (color) that the rest of his body as you can see in the picture
u may get it confuse thinking its a fin lol
but i circled saying that i think it is a disease of some sort
but what is it???

you're acting in complete idiocy by not eliminating the simplest things to test for first: the water parameters.

And if the puffer really does have portions of its fin missing, that's probably not a disease, it's probably another fish nipping at it, making it stress and not eat and act "retarded".

If you don't care about the fish that much, let me know where you live. I'll come and pick up your tank and stuff and take it off your hands.

Old 04-03-2008, 02:46 PM   #22
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
Can you please get some tests done, so we know what your water parameters are? From you casual comments about not caring, maybe you should look at taking the poor animal back or trading it with some one who has time and patience to care for it.

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Articles
Acronym List

--Scott
roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:58 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Freak

Location: Tired of the mod power plays; gone to another forum
I'm with usmcmarc regarding the wording. I'd vote for removing the entire thread. I have the feeling that any advice would be ignored anyway. Seeing it pop up in the recent messages list makes my bp go up each and every time.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:09 PM   #24
AA Team Emeritus

We are a community of concerned hobbyists - concerned for the fish and for helping and educating fellow hobbyists. Peas, you have received some good advice here from people who do care about you and your fish. Please learn how to do water testing - it is an essential part of the hobby. Or if you can't care for your fish, please make provisions to give them to someone who will. If you can't care for your fish now, there is no shame in admitting that - it could be a positive step for you and the fish. Please do let us know how you're doing with the fish.

An t-iasg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 04:30 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

removed and will no longer attempt to help this individual . Good luck to the OP
10 gallon ~6.5 gallon custom
Sadielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 05:13 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

Classy. Very classy.

Should've bit your tongue longer.

While it IS frustrating when people ask questions and either don't like the answers they're getting, or refuse to lift a finger to help themselves, stooping to name calling never really helps get your point across. Never heard anyone respond to a flame by saying "Oh gee... I guess you're right. Thank you."
Old 04-03-2008, 05:21 PM   #27
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
Ok, we need to keep this on track. The issue is the poor fish. I think it is time to be productive, if not, we will lock this thread.

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Articles
Acronym List

--Scott
roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 05:27 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Freak

ill try to be the levelheaded here... im also new to this hobby but i have invested alot of time and money into my new found fishkeeping endeavor and i feel i have done a good job... my water is always crystal clear and my fish have been very healthy for the most part. it really seems to me peas that you found this forum on google and just want to make trouble... the people on here are the greatest and the most helpful youll find in this hobby and you should have a little more respect on here by not using such an ignorant word. i know its been said before but if you really dont care that much about your tank to take 5 mins out of your day to check your parameters then you dont deserve to keep fish... you should return everything and take up pet rocks they have the maintenance level youre willing to put in... if you would take the time to answer all the questions posed to you, you will be amazed at how quickly your questions are answered and your problems solved. if youre just here to make waves (pun intended) and troll around then i suggest you go somewhere else. the serious fishkeepers here would like to keep this forum respectful and informative. i wish you luck in getting your act together and taking the lives youve taken responsibilty for more seriously.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:27 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to chimmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by roka64 View Post
Ok, we need to keep this on track. The issue is the poor fish. I think it is time to be productive, if not, we will lock this thread.

I think the next response from Peas will determine if this thread will ever be productive.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:34 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Freak

if he ever responds... seems he lit the fire now he's just watching it burn

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com