Fish bully. Help ASAP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarineEddy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Yesterday I bought 2 blue green chromis from my lfs. When they got home they seemed fine. This morning when I got up I watched them for a bit and one of them was chasing the other one around and trying to bite him. The bully is the bigger of the two. Is this just because they are new and are settling in or should I return the bully to the lfs asap?
Thanks in advance, Eddy

Chromis do this,,almost no matter how many you try and school ,,you usually end up with just one..
but 2 is not ideal to keep either...i would just take one back or it will end up dead

Oh ok, should I take him back and just have the one or replace him so that he has someone to swim with?

When I had my community tank I had two chromis and two percs. One chromis was ALWAYS nipping at the clowns and the other chromis. He would do like rapid attacks of like 5-6 little lunges. I took him back and got a bumblebee chromis but im sure there are other opinions on how to handle this matter. I just didn't like mine being a little bully lol

That's exactly what mine is doing i've decided I will take him back tomorrow and I am really hoping my lfs will have him back. How did you catch yours because when he was caught in the lfs all of the LR had to be moved?

I tricked him. I promise you its not fun but I left the net in for like an hour to get them semi-o with it then.I fed them all slowly reached for the net and grabbed him.from the bottom. It can be tricky just have patient and be calm. Let me know how it goes/what you get at LFS!! :)

Should I catch him now and keep him separate until tomorrow evening when I take him back in a QT tank because my LFS closes soon after I get home from school so I won't have long?

Also I forgot to ask did you get your money back?

Haha I know that feeling all too well. :/ that's preference really. If you want to try now go for it. Just keep the bag folded and a float. Don't seal it so he still has plenty of oxygen etc. Unless your putting him directly into whatever your taking him in. Either way he will be fine. Explain to the store why he's going back so they don't think your trying to give them a sick fish or something. :)

Ok thanks for all your help I'll let you know how it goes! :D

Please do, brother. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with!

I cannot get the fish out! He always hides under a rock but I cannot take the rock out because my royal gramma lives in it. The other fish is getting stressed and I do not know what to do :(

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Take the rick with fish in it out and dump the fish out

I got him out and have now taken him back to the store :) Thanks for all of your help Nafuzy :D Any Suggestions on what I should get next, I have:
1 x Bangaii Cardinal
1 x Ocellaris Clown
1 x Blue/Green Chromis
1 x Royal Gramma

Definitely glad to hear the good news! :)

Hmmmmm.....interested in dwarf angels?? You could probably get away with one. Blennies always rock. A wrasse? Maybe a six-line? Watch the bigger ones they much inverts and can get pretty big. Im working so if I missed something let me know ill comment.

I would like a flame angel but aren't they really expensive?
Also I have a fish that I haven't seen eat. Every time I go to it he hides in the rock. I have tried to turkey baste by his hole but I haven't seen him actually eat it. Any advice? :S

He will eat eventually don't worry. Fish can go.days. without food in wild. He'd probably just adapting still. And it depends where u go for flames but they are gorgeous and alot of fun!!

Back
Top Bottom