Fish choices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kimmy34275

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a snowflake eel in my tank along with tuxedo urchin, 2 feather dusters, sea star, 2 damsels and several crab cleaners. My bf is ready for more fish but now I'm worried about the eel. Is there any fish that can absolutely NOT be in the tank with the eel. I'm thinking I want a Picasso triggerfish and maybe some schooling fish.

Second question: I love the feather dusters n want to get some more. Supplies are limited locally and I asked the pet store if I needed to get any special food for them n he said they would be fine but as I'm looking around it seems I should be supplementing? Should I?

Lol, I think I'd be more worried about the damsels attacking a new fish rather than the eel. Damsels are little demon fish :)

Featherdusters are filter feeders. As long as you are feeding the rest of the tank, the will catch stuff that drifts by. I have a bunch the came in on some rock and I never add supplements - they keep multiplying too :)

I believe u I had two yellow damsels and the bigger one would not leave the small one alone and now he is no longer with us.

I read somewhere that the trigger hums or grunts. Is that true

Kimmy34275 said:
I read somewhere that the trigger hums or grunts. Is that true

I hear a frequent snapping noise from mine - odd Geiger-counter type of noise - its quite loud and was a bit worrying when it started but now I know it's not something trying to escape by digging at the glass it is quite a fun distraction, especially when friends hear it for the first time :)

He may nibble at the feather dusters. What size tank? I would recommend at least a 125, u may be able to go 75-90 though. GL!!!!!

Triggers def make a very interesting clicking sound when they eat. You should hear my two triggers when I feed them. If you click your tongue off the top of your mouth...that's the sound they make

Ohh and wait till you see them sleep...so cool. They stick their triggers all the way up to hold them between the rocks

I ended up getting an undulated trigger which is pretty cool when he comes out of hiding

Idc what anyone says I absolutely love my Picasso!! He is THE biggest instigator I've ever seen

huma-huma said:
Idc what anyone says I absolutely love my Picasso!! He is THE biggest instigator I've ever seen

Lol I was feeding my lionfish and the picasso took it from him so the lion swallowed half his body. It was soo funny because he did it on accident since they both went for the goldfish at the same time. He let go and nothing happened to the trigger lol

Yes my Picasso is eating very well too and will snatch food from others. He is about 2 inches now. The undulated is just a touch smaller but tries to run the tank. I'm just glad he is not hiding anymore ... Lol

Back
Top Bottom